Better Cushion Adjustments

One thing I’ve noticed with a lot of the office chairs that I’ve used is that as it gets “worn down” or after being used for a long time, the cushion tends to become flat and conforms to the way you sit no matter how high the quality of the chair. I like to sit towards the edge of chairs but after a while the cushion starts to give and “lean forward” causing me to slide down. This always annoyed me because it also affects my posture as I end up with my lower body completely off the chair and my back starting to touch the cushion. My solution is to allow the cushion incline grade to be adjustable separate from how it already changes when you lean back. I also like the feeling of a chair when I am “falling into” it instead of sliding out. I attached a picture if my explanation doesn’t make sense. I own a Myochair and have used an Ergo chair 2 with both of them having this problem for me. I also don’t think there are any chairs out there that have this adjustability so it would be cool to see a company make a prototype and see how people respond to it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the visual explanation and detailed user feedback Henry. We are also thinking about how to improve Ergochair’s seating and will take this into consideration.

Coming back to this, we’ve forwarded your request to Long, the guy created the Myo and Ergo. He’s super excited that you own 2 and want to improve the product further! (He’ll be on here soon, he’s just busy!)

One thing I want to make sure I’m clear about this point

My solution is to allow the cushion incline grade to be adjustable separate from how it already changes when you lean back.

So it’s like the seat can tilt upward or downward, depending on user’s reference, right?

Yes exactly! The upward tilt will allow users to feel like they’re “sliding into the chair” while those who prefer a downward tilt will feel like they are sliding off all while being separate from any other controls. I say this because most chairs already do this as they adjust the back rest but I haven’t seen one that does so independently. Design wise, I’m not the biggest fan of knobs or things that you would have to twist to adjust so If possible, a pumping mechanism would be cool if the cost of everything fits to budget.

1 Like