Read the full article here.
- In a somewhat unexpected move, Google is moving to reopen offices in April and begin the process of bringing its employees back to pre-pandemic working conditions.
- By September, those wishing to work remotely more than 14 days per year will be required to fill out a special waiver.
- All employees will essentially be “on call,” which means they’re required to return to the office if Google asks them to at any point.
- Google expects all employees to eventually live (and relocate if necessary) within commuting distance of offices.
- As an added incentive, Google is considering adjusting employee salaries to reflect the cost of living in their respective locations.